Most Active Stories
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — The Shape We're In Now
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — How We Got This Way: The Mississippi River
- Bring Your Own Presents: 'Virginia'
- Dirty Diapers Pile Up In Portland Recycling Bins: 'It's Not Pretty'
- As With Dalai Lama Today, Pope's Visit To New Orleans 25 Years Ago Came Amid Violence
Wed January 16, 2013
'Antiques Roadshow' Coming to Baton Rouge in July
Baton Rouge will be one of eight cities on the 2013 "Antiques Roadshow" summer tour.
Beth Courtney, president and CEO of Louisiana Public Broadcasting, says the popular show, viewed nationally by an estimated 10 million people per episode, will take over the River Center on July 27 for taping of three episodes.
Courtney told The Advocate there will be 6,000 free tickets available for the event. The tickets will be awarded in pairs through a lottery system. People can request or fill out a ticket application on the shows website at http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/roadshow/tickets.html.
The last time the show visited Louisiana was in 2002, when it made a stop in New Orleans.
World War II Museum