Most Active Stories
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — The Shape We're In Now
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — How We Got This Way: The Mississippi River
- Bring Your Own Presents: 'Virginia'
- Dirty Diapers Pile Up In Portland Recycling Bins: 'It's Not Pretty'
- As With Dalai Lama Today, Pope's Visit To New Orleans 25 Years Ago Came Amid Violence
Crescent City Connection
Thu January 3, 2013
Baton Rouge Judge Orders Recount of Bridge Toll Vote
An East Baton Rouge Parish judge has ordered a recount of the vote that extended tolls on the Crescent City Connection bridge for 20 years.
The vote passed by a margin of 16 votes out of 308,000 cast on Nov. 6 in Orleans, Jefferson and Plaquemines parishes.
State Representative Pat Connick tells WWL-AM that officials won't recount every vote — just the absentee votes in Orleans Parish.
He opposed renewing the tolls, which bring in more than $20 million a year.