Most Active Stories
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — The Shape We're In Now
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — How We Got This Way: The Mississippi River
- Bring Your Own Presents: 'Virginia'
- Dirty Diapers Pile Up In Portland Recycling Bins: 'It's Not Pretty'
- As With Dalai Lama Today, Pope's Visit To New Orleans 25 Years Ago Came Amid Violence
Wed November 28, 2012
Beer Delivery Truck Stolen From French Quarter
New Orleans police detectives are searching for a beer truck that was stolen this morning in the French Quarter.
Police say the truck — emblazoned with “Miller Beer” on the sides and back — was parked in front of a business in the 600-block of Decatur St. while the driver made his deliveries around 8 a.m. this morning. The driver left the keys inside of the truck and the doors unlocked, and returned to find the vehicle missing.
Crescent Crown Distributing, the truck's owner, did not return a phone call seeking comment.
Police say the beer truck is a 2006 International — white, blue and yellow in color — with Louisiana license plate B710261, and are asking the public to notify police if they see it. Detective Jason Sloan is in charge of the investigation.
Police have yet to develop any information on possible suspects.
Alligator Thieves Apprehended