Most Active Stories
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — The Shape We're In Now
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — How We Got This Way: The Mississippi River
- Bring Your Own Presents: 'Virginia'
- Dirty Diapers Pile Up In Portland Recycling Bins: 'It's Not Pretty'
- As With Dalai Lama Today, Pope's Visit To New Orleans 25 Years Ago Came Amid Violence
Drew Brees Franchise Tag
Thu June 28, 2012
Brees' Franchise Tag Arbitration Hearing Held
PHILADELPHIA — NFL Players Association attorney Jeffrey Kessler says an arbitrator expects to rule within a week on arguments presented concerning the Saints' use of the NFL's franchise tag on quarterback Drew Brees.
Arbitrator Stephen Burbank is handling the matter of how to interpret language in the NFL's collective bargaining agreement, which requires any club that designates a player as a franchise player for the third time to give him a 44 percent raise.