Most Active Stories
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — The Shape We're In Now
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — How We Got This Way: The Mississippi River
- Bring Your Own Presents: 'Virginia'
- Dirty Diapers Pile Up In Portland Recycling Bins: 'It's Not Pretty'
- As With Dalai Lama Today, Pope's Visit To New Orleans 25 Years Ago Came Amid Violence
Tue December 18, 2012
Can Lawmakers Prevent Mass Shootings?
Originally published on Tue December 18, 2012 11:11 am
After last week's elementary school shooting in Connecticut, President Obama promised to use whatever power he has to prevent another mass shooting. Host Michel Martin speaks to Republican strategist Ron Christie and Keli Goff of The Root, to discuss how the debate could play out on Capitol Hill.