Most Active Stories
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — The Shape We're In Now
- Dalai Lama Brings Timely Message To New Orleans
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — The Master Plan
- As With Dalai Lama Today, Pope's Visit To New Orleans 25 Years Ago Came Amid Violence
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — How We Got This Way: The Mississippi River
Fri January 11, 2013
Clinton Mayor Picks New Chief of Police
Newly elected Clinton Mayor Lori Ann Bell has appointed Fred G. Dunn as the town's police chief replacing Police Chief Eddie Stewart.
The Advocate reports Stewart, who had served three years as police chief during the administration of defeated Mayor Don Reason, left Wednesday's meeting without comment after the Board of Aldermen concurred with Bell's appointment.
Stewart also served as chief for 12 years until he was forced out by then-Mayor Donald Jefferson in 2005.
Dunn, who has worked for the East Feliciana Parish Sheriff's Office for the past six months, also served 11 years as a Clinton police officer and left as a lieutenant in charge of the uniform patrol division.