Most Active Stories
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — The Shape We're In Now
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — How We Got This Way: The Mississippi River
- Bring Your Own Presents: 'Virginia'
- Dirty Diapers Pile Up In Portland Recycling Bins: 'It's Not Pretty'
- As With Dalai Lama Today, Pope's Visit To New Orleans 25 Years Ago Came Amid Violence
Fri January 4, 2013
Coast Guard Med-Evacs Man from Sailboat
The Coast Guard says it safely evacuated a man with heart disease from a sailboat in the Gulf.
In a news release, the Coast Guard said officials received a call early Thursday about a husband and wife aboard a 64-foot sailboat that was bound for Houston after a trip to Cozumel, Mexico.
The woman reported that the man, who had a history of heart disease, had slumped over and was unresponsive.
A helicopter from the Coast Guard Aviation Training Center in Mobile, Ala., hoisted the man and woman from the sailboat and took them to the Coast Guard Air Station in Belle Chasse, where the man was reported in stable condition Thursday.