Most Active Stories
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — The Shape We're In Now
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — How We Got This Way: The Mississippi River
- Bring Your Own Presents: 'Virginia'
- Dirty Diapers Pile Up In Portland Recycling Bins: 'It's Not Pretty'
- As With Dalai Lama Today, Pope's Visit To New Orleans 25 Years Ago Came Amid Violence
Sat September 1, 2012
Elmer's Island to remain closed
Elmer's Island, located on the southwestern tip of Jeffeson Parish, will remain closed to the public until further notice.
State wildlife and fisheries officials said Friday that the access road connecting La. Hwy. 1 to the refuge beach area has been significantly damaged as a result of Hurricane Isaac.