Most Active Stories
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — The Shape We're In Now
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — How We Got This Way: The Mississippi River
- Bring Your Own Presents: 'Virginia'
- Dirty Diapers Pile Up In Portland Recycling Bins: 'It's Not Pretty'
- As With Dalai Lama Today, Pope's Visit To New Orleans 25 Years Ago Came Amid Violence
Tue September 4, 2012
Ferry service restarts in St. John parish
Ferry operations in St. John the Baptist Parish have resumed.
The Louisiana Department of Transportation and Development said the Edgard/Reserve ferry reopened Monday across the Mississippi River in the parish that had severe flooding in some areas from Hurricane Isaac.
Operating hours are 5 a.m. to 9 p.m. More information is available at 1-888-613-3779 or at www.dotd.la.gov .
Ferry service operated by the Crescent City Connection Division between Algiers and Chalmette restarted Sunday. DOTD says the schedule is 6 a.m. to 8:45 p.m.
The transportation department says the Canal Street/Algiers Point ferry in New Orleans remains closed because of Isaac's damage to the landing and mechanical problems.