Most Active Stories
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — The Shape We're In Now
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — How We Got This Way: The Mississippi River
- Bring Your Own Presents: 'Virginia'
- Dirty Diapers Pile Up In Portland Recycling Bins: 'It's Not Pretty'
- As With Dalai Lama Today, Pope's Visit To New Orleans 25 Years Ago Came Amid Violence
Fri May 4, 2012
Graphics: Tracking U.S. Monthly Unemployment
Originally published on Fri October 5, 2012 9:44 am
U.S. employers added 114,000 jobs in September, the Labor Department reports. And the unemployment rate fell to 7.8 percent, marking the first time since President Obama took the oath of office in January 2009 that the U.S. jobless rate is under 8 percent.