Most Active Stories
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — The Shape We're In Now
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — How We Got This Way: The Mississippi River
- Bring Your Own Presents: 'Virginia'
- Dirty Diapers Pile Up In Portland Recycling Bins: 'It's Not Pretty'
- As With Dalai Lama Today, Pope's Visit To New Orleans 25 Years Ago Came Amid Violence
All Things New Orleans
Wed January 25, 2012
HNOC Celebrates Louisiana's 200th Anniversary
Louisiana will celebrate 200 years of statehood this coming April. To commemorate the anniversary, The Historic New Orleans Collection is exhibiting a gallery of artifacts tracing the state's history. John Lawrence, the director of Museum programs for the HNOC, talked about it with WWNO
The 17th annual Williams Research Center Symposium discussing Louisiana's history, will take place at The Hotel Monteleone. Public radio's Rober Siegel and Nick Spitzer are among the speakers. More information at hnoc.org.
WWNO News Features