Most Active Stories
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — The Shape We're In Now
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — How We Got This Way: The Mississippi River
- Bring Your Own Presents: 'Virginia'
- Dirty Diapers Pile Up In Portland Recycling Bins: 'It's Not Pretty'
- As With Dalai Lama Today, Pope's Visit To New Orleans 25 Years Ago Came Amid Violence
Wed November 30, 2011
Joel Salatin Says, "Folks, This Ain't Normal!"
Joel Salatin of Virginia's Polyface Farm discusses his radical farming philosophies.
Anchovy Compound Butter
3 anchovy fillets, diced
1 Tablespoon freshly cracked black pepper
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
Add all ingredients to the food processor and process until ingredients are fully incorporated. Form the butter mixture into a log, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 20 minutes until firm enough to slice. Store for up to 6 months in freezer, using as needed.
***Suggested uses include, sauteing chard or other greens in a ratio of 6 tablespoons of compound butter per pound of fresh greens. Also delicious when used to finish a steak by topping with a slice of compound butter.
We'd love to hear from you! Write us or enter our Culinary Contest!