Most Active Stories
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — The Shape We're In Now
- Bring Your Own Presents: 'Virginia'
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — How We Got This Way: The Mississippi River
- Dirty Diapers Pile Up In Portland Recycling Bins: 'It's Not Pretty'
- As With Dalai Lama Today, Pope's Visit To New Orleans 25 Years Ago Came Amid Violence
Fri January 11, 2013
Kisatchie Waives Fees for MLK Holiday Weekend
In recognition of the Martin Luther King Jr. holiday, the U.S. Forest Service is waiving all fees, with the exception of camping, at recreational sites in Kisatchie National Forest on Caney Lakes on the Caney Ranger District and on the Calcasieu Ranger District.
The waiver is effective Saturday, Jan. 19 through Monday, Jan. 21.
Kisatchie National Forest Supervisor Mike Balboni says the waiver comes at a perfect time of the year for camping, hiking, mountain biking and exploring "all the recreational opportunities KNF has to offer."
For more information contact Balboni's office in Pineville at 318-473-7160.
National Kids to Parks Day