Most Active Stories
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — The Shape We're In Now
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — How We Got This Way: The Mississippi River
- Bring Your Own Presents: 'Virginia'
- Dirty Diapers Pile Up In Portland Recycling Bins: 'It's Not Pretty'
- As With Dalai Lama Today, Pope's Visit To New Orleans 25 Years Ago Came Amid Violence
Thu August 30, 2012
La. company has $11.9M beach contract in Va.
A Louisiana company has won an $11.9 million contract as part of a project to add sand to Virginia Beach, Va., for hurricane protection.
A news release from the Pentagon says Weeks Marine Inc., of Covington, was one of four bidders on the project in support of the Virginia Beach Hurricane Protection Beach Re-Nourishment.
Work will be done in Virginia Beach, with an estimated completion date of May 15, 2013.
Business & Technology