Most Active Stories
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — The Shape We're In Now
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — How We Got This Way: The Mississippi River
- Bring Your Own Presents: 'Virginia'
- Dirty Diapers Pile Up In Portland Recycling Bins: 'It's Not Pretty'
- As With Dalai Lama Today, Pope's Visit To New Orleans 25 Years Ago Came Amid Violence
WWNO News Reports
Wed March 3, 2010
Landrieu Names Economic Transition Team
By Eileen Fleming
New Orleans, La. – Landrieu repeated his campaign pledge to attract new, high-paying jobs to the city. But he said he'll also develop business-retention plans.
Meantime, Mayor Ray Nagin is working on extensions for garbage contracts, information technology operations and longer hours for parking meters. Landrieu asked that his incoming administration not be tied to long-term deals.
Landrieu said he's also concentrating on the economic potential in the port of New Orleans, as well as creative and digital media.