Most Active Stories
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — The Shape We're In Now
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — How We Got This Way: The Mississippi River
- Bring Your Own Presents: 'Virginia'
- Dirty Diapers Pile Up In Portland Recycling Bins: 'It's Not Pretty'
- As With Dalai Lama Today, Pope's Visit To New Orleans 25 Years Ago Came Amid Violence
Thu January 26, 2012
Leah Chase Makes 89 and Joe Baker Makes Tea for Two
On this week of Louisiana Eats we'll spend the day with New Orleans' culinary icon, Leah Chase, to celebrate her birthday. Plus Poppy speaks with Longue Vue Gardens' Joe Baker about their Two for Tea event.
1 cup sugar
2/3 cup fresh lemon juice
1 cup melted butter
2 whole eggs
2 egg yolks
Whisk together sugar with lemon juice. Then whisk in butter. In a separate bowl beat whole eggs with additional egg yolks, then whisk the eggs into the lemon mixture.
Transfer into an 8 cup pyrex measuring cup and microwave on high for one minute. Whisk well and repeat the process 5 or 6 times until the curd is thick and creamy.
Lemon curd can be stored in your refrigerator for up to 6 months.