Most Active Stories
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — The Shape We're In Now
- Bring Your Own Presents: 'Virginia'
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — How We Got This Way: The Mississippi River
- Dirty Diapers Pile Up In Portland Recycling Bins: 'It's Not Pretty'
- As With Dalai Lama Today, Pope's Visit To New Orleans 25 Years Ago Came Amid Violence
Thu September 6, 2012
Leonard to retire as Entergy chair, CEO
J. Wayne Leonard will retire Jan. 31 as chairman and chief executive officer of Entergy Corp., the parent company of major electric providers in Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi and Texas.
The corporation also announced Wednesday that Leo Denault, currently executive vice president and chief financial officer, will succeed Leonard.
Andrew Marsh, currently vice president for system planning, will succeed Denault.
Also retiring is Entergy Wholesale Commodities President Richard Smith. William Mohl, currently chairman, president and CEO of Entergy Louisiana and Entergy Gulf States Louisiana, will succeed Smith.
Presiding board member Gary Edwards praised Leonard's vision and leadership.
Entergy has been criticized by some public officials in Louisiana for what they deemed a slow restoration of power following Hurricane Isaac. There was no mention of the controversy in Wednesday's announcement.
All Tech Considered
Hornbeck Offshore Services
Out to Lunch