Most Active Stories
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — The Shape We're In Now
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — How We Got This Way: The Mississippi River
- Bring Your Own Presents: 'Virginia'
- Dirty Diapers Pile Up In Portland Recycling Bins: 'It's Not Pretty'
- As With Dalai Lama Today, Pope's Visit To New Orleans 25 Years Ago Came Amid Violence
WWNO News Features
Tue May 10, 2011
Libyan Couple Feels Trapped Away From Home
By Eve Abrams
New Orleans, Louisiana – Revolutions and wars on other continents can feel remote. Even with the news - with photographs and videos and reports - you can always stop paying attention to other peoples' problems, and go back to regular life. But for some people, there's no escape. Eve Abrams, and her translator, Khaled Hegazzi, recently spoke with a young Libyan couple living in New Orleans. She learned that even here, across an ocean and in a different language, they're trapped.