Most Active Stories
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — The Shape We're In Now
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — How We Got This Way: The Mississippi River
- Bring Your Own Presents: 'Virginia'
- Dirty Diapers Pile Up In Portland Recycling Bins: 'It's Not Pretty'
- As With Dalai Lama Today, Pope's Visit To New Orleans 25 Years Ago Came Amid Violence
Tue September 4, 2012
Louisiana Highway 1 closed overnights for repairs
State transportation officials say Louisiana Highway 1 is open during daylight hours south to Grand Isle.
The Courier reports a segment of the highway south of Port Fourchon is closed from 6 p.m. to 6 a.m. nightly until further notice while crews repair a section of road damaged by Hurricane Isaac.
State police said residents and visitors to Grand Isle who don't want to be trapped on the island should leave before 6 p.m. nightly. Once the highway is closed, no vehicles will be allowed on Louisiana Highway 1 from Grand Isle to Fourchon.