Most Active Stories
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — The Shape We're In Now
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — How We Got This Way: The Mississippi River
- Bring Your Own Presents: 'Virginia'
- Dirty Diapers Pile Up In Portland Recycling Bins: 'It's Not Pretty'
- As With Dalai Lama Today, Pope's Visit To New Orleans 25 Years Ago Came Amid Violence
Louisiana National Guard
Tue September 9, 2008
Lousiana National Guardsmen Affected by Gustav
While people in New Orleans get back to their routines after Hurricane Gustav, some in the Louisiana National Guard have put their own recovery on hold while they pitch in where they're assigned.
Some members of the 141st Field Artillery unit took a break from setting up distribution points for people to pick up food and supplies to speak with WWNO. They had all been in Baghdad when Hurricane Katrina hit.