Most Active Stories
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — The Shape We're In Now
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — How We Got This Way: The Mississippi River
- Bring Your Own Presents: 'Virginia'
- Dirty Diapers Pile Up In Portland Recycling Bins: 'It's Not Pretty'
- As With Dalai Lama Today, Pope's Visit To New Orleans 25 Years Ago Came Amid Violence
Fri January 18, 2013
Marrero Teenager Dies in Hospital After House Fire
A 15-year-old girl who was burned when she was trapped in a Marrero fire last week has died.
Jefferson Parish sheriff's deputies say Diante Snowton died Monday night at Children's Hospital, where she was being treated for injuries suffered during the Jan. 10 fire.
Five other siblings and their father, who authorities said ran into the flames to rescue the children, survived.
Deputies say investigators are still trying to determine how the fire started.