Most Active Stories
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — The Shape We're In Now
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — How We Got This Way: The Mississippi River
- Bring Your Own Presents: 'Virginia'
- Dirty Diapers Pile Up In Portland Recycling Bins: 'It's Not Pretty'
- As With Dalai Lama Today, Pope's Visit To New Orleans 25 Years Ago Came Amid Violence
Wed September 26, 2012
Morgan City disaster center to close Friday
St. Mary Parish residents affected by Hurricane Isaac have just a few days left to visit the State/FEMA Disaster Recovery Center in Morgan City.
The center, located at 728 Myrtle Street, will close at 6 p.m. Friday.
Recovery centers have opened in several affected parishes to help homeowners, renters and business owners who sustained uninsured or underinsured losses to their property as a result of the storm.
Federal officials say although the center is closing, residents can contact FEMA online at www.disasterassistance.gov or via a toll-free phone line, 1-800-621-3362, that will operate from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. seven days a week.
Pass Manchac Lighthouse