Most Active Stories
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — The Shape We're In Now
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — How We Got This Way: The Mississippi River
- Bring Your Own Presents: 'Virginia'
- Dirty Diapers Pile Up In Portland Recycling Bins: 'It's Not Pretty'
- As With Dalai Lama Today, Pope's Visit To New Orleans 25 Years Ago Came Amid Violence
Fri July 20, 2012
New Orleans man gets prison for attempted bank robbery
A New Orleans man has been sentenced to more than four years in prison for trying to rob a bank.
U.S. District Judge Jane Triche-Milazzo also on Thursday sentenced 50-year-old Calvin Johnson to three years of supervised release after his 52-month prison term.
Johnson pleaded guilty in April to attempted robbery of a Capital One bank branch on Canal Street in New Orleans on Oct. 18, 2011.
Prosecutors say Johnson tried to hand a note demanding money to a teller who refused to accept it. He fled the bank without receiving any money.