Most Active Stories
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — The Shape We're In Now
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — How We Got This Way: The Mississippi River
- Bring Your Own Presents: 'Virginia'
- Dirty Diapers Pile Up In Portland Recycling Bins: 'It's Not Pretty'
- As With Dalai Lama Today, Pope's Visit To New Orleans 25 Years Ago Came Amid Violence
Wed October 10, 2012
Nobel Prize Winner Proves Teacher Wrong
In 1949, a teacher at Eton, a British boarding school, belittled John Gurdon's dreams of becoming a scientist as "quite ridiculous." This week, Gurdon's breakthrough in reprogramming cells received the Nobel Prize for medicine.