Most Active Stories
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — The Shape We're In Now
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — How We Got This Way: The Mississippi River
- Bring Your Own Presents: 'Virginia'
- Dirty Diapers Pile Up In Portland Recycling Bins: 'It's Not Pretty'
- As With Dalai Lama Today, Pope's Visit To New Orleans 25 Years Ago Came Amid Violence
Sun September 9, 2012
NOMA plans to reopen Tuesday
The New Orleans Museum of Art expects to reopen on Tuesday after a clean-up necessitated by Hurricane Isaac.
Museum director Susan Taylor tells The Times-Picayune that water seeped into the museum's administrative offices. However, except for the swampy basement, the museum suffered minimal damage from Isaac.
Some rain intruded through the sills of the plate glass windows around the café area and an ornamental plaster truss in the museum's atrium was dampened by a leak.
Taylor said no artwork was affected.
Arts & Culture