Most Active Stories
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — The Shape We're In Now
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — How We Got This Way: The Mississippi River
- Bring Your Own Presents: 'Virginia'
- Dirty Diapers Pile Up In Portland Recycling Bins: 'It's Not Pretty'
- As With Dalai Lama Today, Pope's Visit To New Orleans 25 Years Ago Came Amid Violence
Fri March 16, 2012
Pope Benedict Has His Own Custom Cologne
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Renee Montagne. Pope Benedict has something of a reputation for style. He's been seen wearing Gucci sunglasses and his red Prada loafers earned him the title of Accessorizer of the Year by Esquire. Now the pope has his own scent. An Italian perfume maker was commissioned by the Vatican to create the custom cologne. The exact formula is top secret, but it's rumored to have hints of lime, verbena and grass, presumably reflecting the pontiff's love of nature. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.