Most Active Stories
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — The Shape We're In Now
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — How We Got This Way: The Mississippi River
- Bring Your Own Presents: 'Virginia'
- Dirty Diapers Pile Up In Portland Recycling Bins: 'It's Not Pretty'
- As With Dalai Lama Today, Pope's Visit To New Orleans 25 Years Ago Came Amid Violence
WWNO News Features
Fri May 7, 2010
Shell Beach fisherman bracing for oil fallout
New Orleans, LA – Just east of the Mississippi River and about 20 miles from the Gulf of Mexico, Shell Beach, Louisiana is a community of fisherman and fishing camps put on hold. Their waters closed to the oyster and shrimp boats which normally would do a brisk business this time of year, Shell Beach residents are bracing to see what becomes of their livelihoods and their home. Eve Abrams reports.