Most Active Stories
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — The Shape We're In Now
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — How We Got This Way: The Mississippi River
- Bring Your Own Presents: 'Virginia'
- Dirty Diapers Pile Up In Portland Recycling Bins: 'It's Not Pretty'
- As With Dalai Lama Today, Pope's Visit To New Orleans 25 Years Ago Came Amid Violence
Wed August 10, 2011
3 cups sugar
1 cup water
3 tablespoons clear vanilla extract
3 tablespoons almond extract
1 cup canned Carnation milk
1 tablespoon red food coloring
Boil the sugar and water together for five minutes. Cool completely and add the rest of the ingredients. Store covered in the refrigerator.
Pour 1/4 cup nectar syrup over a couple of scoops of vanilla ice cream in a tall glass. Add soda water and top with whipped cream and a cherry.
We'd love to hear from you! Email us!