Most Active Stories
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — The Shape We're In Now
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — How We Got This Way: The Mississippi River
- Bring Your Own Presents: 'Virginia'
- Dirty Diapers Pile Up In Portland Recycling Bins: 'It's Not Pretty'
- As With Dalai Lama Today, Pope's Visit To New Orleans 25 Years Ago Came Amid Violence
Business & Technology
Thu December 27, 2012
Textron: Slidell Lease Extension for 1 to 3 Years
Textron Marine & Land Systems' offices will remain in Slidell for at least another year.
The Textron Inc. division said Wednesday that it has a lease extension through May 31, 2014, with two one-year options, pending approval by the Slidell City Council. The current lease ends in May.
The division makes and supports military vehicles, ships and boats. It has leased offices from Slidell since 2007. Its factory is in eastern New Orleans; it has an assembly plant and a warehouse in Slidell.
Terms of the extension were not disclosed in the company's news release.
The company's senior vice president and general manager, Tom Walmsley, and Slidell Mayor Freddy Drennan say both sides worked to reach a fair and reasonable agreement.
Textron: Afghan Army
Out To Lunch