Most Active Stories
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — The Shape We're In Now
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — How We Got This Way: The Mississippi River
- Bring Your Own Presents: 'Virginia'
- Dirty Diapers Pile Up In Portland Recycling Bins: 'It's Not Pretty'
- As With Dalai Lama Today, Pope's Visit To New Orleans 25 Years Ago Came Amid Violence
Around the Nation
Tue January 29, 2013
Virginia To Repeal 'Living In Sin' Law
Originally published on Tue January 29, 2013 7:36 am
In Virginia, it is illegal to be an unmarried couple in the same home. Since the 1870s, the state has banned "lewd and lascivious cohabitation." Now a state Senate committee has approved a measure to repeal that law.