Most Active Stories
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — The Shape We're In Now
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — How We Got This Way: The Mississippi River
- Bring Your Own Presents: 'Virginia'
- Dirty Diapers Pile Up In Portland Recycling Bins: 'It's Not Pretty'
- As With Dalai Lama Today, Pope's Visit To New Orleans 25 Years Ago Came Amid Violence
Mon January 14, 2013
Woman's Hospital in Baton Rouge Celebrates 300K Births
Woman's Hospital is celebrating and welcoming its 300,000th baby.
The infant — a boy — was born Thursday at 5:58 a.m.
Woman's delivered its first baby in November 1968, its 100,000th baby in August 1985 and its 200,000th baby in September 2000.
To celebrate the latest milestone, the hospital is asking everyone who was born or had a baby at the facility over the past 44 years to share in its 300,000 "Babies Badge" on the social networking site Facebook.
Teri Fontenot, president and CEO of Woman's, says the birth of a child is a "wonderful and amazing occasion" and they're "honored that so many families have placed their trust in Woman's."