Frequently Asked Questions about membership, individual, and other ways to support New Orleans Public Radio
1. How can I donate to New Orleans Public Radio?
- Online donation form (secure and easy): wwno.org/donate
- By phone: 844-790-1094 any time; or 504-280-7002 M-F 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
- By mail: Attn: WWNO Membership, University of New Orleans, 2000 Lakeshore Drive New Orleans, LA 70148 (Please make checks payable to WWNO)
- Vehicle donations: Begin the online process here; or call (855) 277-2346 or (401) 808-8277
- Other ways to give: More information about donating stock can be found here; more information about donating via IRA Charitable Rollover can be found here. Or call/e-mail Development Manager Ron Biava at email@example.com
2. What is a "sustaining membership"?
The best way to financially support New Orleans Public Radio is with an ongoing monthly contribution. When you make your initial pledge you will choose the monthly amount you would like to give. The monthly donation will automatically be pulled from your account until you contact the membership office to cancel. A sustaining membership never expires and you do not need to renew each year! This ensures sustainable support for the New Orleans Public Radio programs you depend on. For more information about becoming a sustainer, e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 504-280-7002 (we'd love to hear from you)!
3. How to I cancel/change my monthly amount/update my information as a sustainer?
To cancel your sustaining membership (or to update any information including contact details or monthly donation amount) call or e-mail the membership team: 504-280-7002, email@example.com; Hallie Sheck Membership Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org); Sara Henegan Development Assistant (email@example.com).
*PLEASE NOTE* Very soon we will be offering our members the ability to create a personalized, online membership account where you will be able to manage all changes, cancellations, and giving history at your convenience. We aim to launch this exciting new membership component early in 2019.
4. What is WWNO's federal tax identification number?
Please use the federal tax ID number of the UNO Foundation: 72-1051326. The UNO Foundation is registered as a tax-exempt educational and charitable organization under Section 501 (c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. It accepts and manages gifts on behalf of UNO and its departments, including WWNO New Orleans Public Radio. Be sure to indicate on your check or in accompanying documents that your gift is made "in support of WWNO."
5. When must I make a gift to qualify for an income tax deduction?
- By Mail: Postmarked by December 31.
- Online at wwno.org/donate: Using your credit card, complete the donation form on December 31.
- IRA Charitable Distribution: We must deposit your donation by December 31, so please send to us as early in the month as possible. Suggested deadline to mail: December 15.
- Car Donation: Complete the online donation form by December 31.
Thank you! Your choice to support New Orleans Public Radio is important to us! We will honor your stated intentions for your generosity as you intend. Please do reach out with any questions or with comments about the station in general -- your voice and support powers New Orleans Public Radio.
Development Team (we'd love to hear from you!):
Ronald Biava, Development and Marketing Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org; 504-280-7001
Hallie Sheck, Membership Manager: email@example.com; 504-280-7002
Sara Henegan, Development Assistant: firstname.lastname@example.org; 504-280-7002