The Reading Life: Greg Herren, Rodrigo Toscano
Susan Larson talks with Greg Herren about his two latest books, 'Bury Me in Shadows' and '#SheDeservedIt', and poet Rodrigo Toscano about his new collection, 'Charm and Dread.'
Here’s what’s on tap in the literary life this week
Here in New Orleans:
- The New Orleans Poetry Buffet at Latter Library features Anne Babson, Katy Balma, Henry Goldkamp and Rodney Jones Saturday, February 5 at 2 p.m. Check out their Facebook page for the Zoom link.
- Poet Rodrigo Toscano reads from “The Charm and the Dread,” along with poet Robert Fitterman, Saturday, February 5 at 4 p.m. at the Saturn Bar in the Splice Poetry Series.
- And the new bilingual book club at Deutsches Haus starts Sunday, Feb. 6 with a discussion of The Reader, by Bernhard Schlink, in English at 2, German at 4, at the Haus. 1700 Moss St. Free and open to the public, but send an email to email@example.com, to let them know you’re coming.
- Four book clubs sponsored by Jefferson Parish Libraries are beginning Tuesday, February 15, All are free of charge and open to the public, and one of them might suit your reading tastes. Here they are:
- The BestBank Book Club meets from 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., Tuesday, Feb. 15, at the Gretna Library, 102 Willow Drive, Gretna. The book to be discussed is The Family Upstairs by Lisa Jewell.
- The Old Metairie Book Club meets from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m., Tuesday, Feb. 15, at the Old Metairie Library, 2350 Metairie Road. The book up for discussion is The Dry by Jane Harper.
- The Jefferson Highway Book Club meets from 2:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m., Tuesday, Feb. 15, at the River Ridge Library. The book to be discussed is An American Marriage by Tayari Jones.
- The Great Books Discussion Group meets at 7 p.m., Tuesday, Feb. 15, at the East Bank Regional Library, 4747 W. Napoleon, Metairie. The book up for discussion is “A Gathering of Old Men,” by legendary Louisiana author Ernest Gaines.