The Reading Life with Hillary Rodham Clinton and Chelsea Clinton
This week on The Reading Life: Hillary Rodham Clinton and Chelsea Clinton talk about their new book, “The Book of Gutsy Women: Favorite Stories of Courage and Resilience.” Their appearance was presented by Octavia Books and recorded October 26 at St. Charles Avenue Baptist Church in New Orleans.
Here’s what’s on tap in the literary life this week:
Here in New Orleans:
- Contributor Shannon Sims signs “Best American Travel Writing 2019," Sunday, December 1 at 3 p.m. at Octavia Books.
- Richard Campanella presents his 2019 autumn public lecture, “Coastal New Orleans: Lost communities of the Urban Delta, 1820s-1920s,” Monday, December 2 at 7 p.m. in the Freeman Auditorium-Woldenberg Art Center at Tulane University.
- Danielle Del Sol, Susan Langenhennig, John Pope, and Chris Granger sign “Building on the Past: Saving Historic New Orleans,” Tuesday, December 3, at 6 p.m. at Octavia Books.
- Marilee Eaves discusses and signs her book, “Singing Out Loud: A Memoir of an Ex-Mardi Gras Queen,” Tuesday, December 3, at 6 p.m. at Garden District Book Shop.
- Margaret Wilson Reckling signs “Woody Creek: Views from a Homestead,” Thursday, December 5, at 6 p.m. at Garden District Book Shop.
- The Dickens Fellowship of New Orleans holds its annual read-aloud of Christmas Carol, Saturday, December 7, at 2 p.m. at the Bright Library at Metairie Park Country Day School.