Most Active Stories
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — The Shape We're In Now
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — How We Got This Way: The Mississippi River
- Bring Your Own Presents: 'Virginia'
- Dirty Diapers Pile Up In Portland Recycling Bins: 'It's Not Pretty'
- As With Dalai Lama Today, Pope's Visit To New Orleans 25 Years Ago Came Amid Violence
Food & Faith
Tue March 5, 2013
Alligator for Lent
If you live in Southern Louisiana you don’t have to be Catholic to know that the Friday Fish is a New Orleans tradition. From fried catfish to potato salad and savory sides, there are plenty of meatless options for the faithful foodies.
But what if you’re just not in the mood for fish on Friday? Well, there are some less obvious Lenten options in the Crescent City.