Most Active Stories
Audio FileEdit | RemoveThe New Orleans Redevelopment Authority still holds many properties that owners ceded to government control through the Road...
The sight of smoke billowing over three separate explosions in south Louisiana within a week may have caused some concern about air quality. Officials
This week on The Reading Life, we’ll talk with longtime New Orleans poet Nancy Harris whose new collection is Beauty Eating Beauty. We’ll also hear...
This week on Inside the Arts, a sneak peek at La Cage aux Folles which opens Summer Lyric Theater's 2013 season at Tulane University. It stars New...
State plans to restore the coastline are trying to mimic the way the Mississippi built the coast. Thousands of years ago the river dumped sediment
Voices on Violence explores why and how people live here, how they assess risk, and what specific things they believe can help change the cycle of violence in New Orleans.
Rising sea levels threaten communities on every coast, but none more so than Louisiana’s Gulf Coast, where every hour a football field’s worth of marsh disappears.
Louisiana Eats! is a radio show for people who cook and people who love to eat well—all with a Louisiana point of view and Poppy’s distinctive Louisiana voice.
Latest from NPR
'Sopranos' Actor James Gandolfini Dies At Age 51
Microsoft Responds To Fan Outcry, Changes Xbox One Policies
- Capitol Hill's Partisan And Racial Divide Cast In Bronze A 7-foot-tall statue of famed, lion-maned abolitionist Frederick Douglass that was dedicated Wednesday on Capitol Hill is perhaps best understood as...
Federal Agents Accuse Two Of Plotting Deadly X-Ray Weapon
A Day After Making List, One Of FBI's Most Wanted Caught
Latest News Headlines
Louisiana News Headlines
Top Investigative Stories from The Lens
- KIPP New Orleans hires Renae Montegut to improve the network’s financial outlook
- Miller-McCoy discusses year-end financials, but no date set for 2013-14 budget hearing
- Lycée to interview interim CEO finalists Daschbach and Bartlett this week
- Monumental mistake: Demolishing World Trade Center to build a tourist attraction
- The Lens named finalist for 6 Press Club of New Orleans awards