Most Active Stories
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — The Shape We're In Now
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — How We Got This Way: The Mississippi River
- Bring Your Own Presents: 'Virginia'
- Dirty Diapers Pile Up In Portland Recycling Bins: 'It's Not Pretty'
- As With Dalai Lama Today, Pope's Visit To New Orleans 25 Years Ago Came Amid Violence
Fri August 3, 2012
Wildlife commission sets 2012-13 oyster season
The Louisiana Wildlife and Fisheries Commission has set the 2012-13 oyster seasons based on oyster stock assessments provided by state Department of Wildlife and Fisheries biologists and the public.
Little Lake Public Oyster Seed Grounds and the Vermilion/East and West Cote Blanche/Atchafalaya Bay Public Oyster Seed Grounds will open at one-half hour before sunrise on Wednesday, Sept. 5.
All remaining public oyster seed grounds and reservations will open at one-half hour before sunrise on Monday, Oct. 29 except for the Bay Gardene and Sister Lake Public Oyster Seed Reservations, which will remain closed. In addition, the east side of Calcasieu Lake and the Sabine Lake Public Oyster Area will be closed for the entire season.