COVID-19 vaccines will be sent to 324 providers in all 64 Louisiana Parishes this week, the Louisiana Department of Health announced Monday.
Pharmacies account for the largest share of recipients, at 250. That’s fewer pharmacies than the 262 that received vaccines in the previous week.
The health department’s website stated that providers will receive very limited doses of vaccines. The department continues to stress that there are no guarantees that providers who received a shipment of vaccines this week before will receive vaccines in weeks to come.
Other facilities receiving vaccines are 59 federally qualified health centers, up from 19 last week, four rural health clinics and 11 additional health care sites.
The health department continues to focus on Phase 1B, Tier 1:
- People age 70 and older
- All health clinic providers and staff, including dental and behavioral health
- Dialysis providers and patients
- Home health providers and patients
- Ambulatory care providers and staff
- Faculty, staff, students and residents of allied health schools