Proposal to Eliminate Funding for the Corporation for Public Broadcasting
To the valued listeners of WWNO:
We have been receiving numerous inquiries from listeners regarding the FY 2018 Federal Budget Blueprint released on March 16, proposing to end funding for public broadcasting, specifically eliminating funding for the Corporation For Public Broadcasting.
Learn more about how this proposed budget change would significantly impact WWNO's ability to operate, as well as other Public Radio stations across the country, at the following links:
- Statement regarding the budget proposal from the CPB
- "Read President Trump's Budget Blueprint" from NPR
- "Trump's budget will probably slash public media, but the biggest losers won't be PBS and NPR" from The Washington Post
- "Trump Unveils 'Hard Power' Budget That Boosts Military Spending" from NPR
- "Trump budget seeks to zero out CPB funding by 2018" from Current
This potential threat to our operating funding only further demonstrates just how vital your membership support is to WWNO.
Please refer back to this page for updates as we learn more about this federal budget proposal.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me at email@example.com.
Sincerely, Paul Maassen WWNO General Manager