FAQ: Membership and Other Support for WWNO
Frequently Asked Questions about membership, individual giving, and other ways to support New Orleans Public Radio
1. When must I make a gift to qualify for an income tax deduction?
Give whenever you like, but to qualify for an income tax deduction for the current year, there are year-end deadlines:
- By Mail: Postmarked by December 31.
- Online at wwno.org/donate: Using your credit card, complete the donation form on December 31.
- IRA Charitable Distribution: Suggested deadline to mail: December 15. We must deposit your donation by December 31, so send to us as early in the month as possible.
- Car Donation: Complete the online donation form by December 31.
- Stock Donation: Consult your broker and complete the donation as early as possible in December.
- Donor-Advised Fund: Consult the administrator of your donor-advised fund, and complete the donation as early as possible in December. If you are establishing a new fund, begin the process as soon as possible.
2. What is WWNO's federal tax identification number?
Please use the federal tax ID number of the UNO Foundation: 72-1051326.
The UNO Foundation is a tax-exempt charitable organization under Section 501 (c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. It accepts and manages gifts on behalf of UNO and its departments, including WWNO New Orleans Public Radio.
3. How do I ensure that a donation from a donor-advised fund or an IRA charitable distribution actually goes to WWNO?
It is best to indicate in the instructions to your fund custodian or in documents accompanying your gift—even on the check itself—that your gift is made “for benefit of WWNO” or “FBO WWNO.” We at WWNO stay in close touch with our colleagues at the UNO Foundation; gifts for WWNO seldom go astray.
4. How can I give to New Orleans Public Radio?
- By credit card online (secure and easy): wwno.org/donate
- By phone: 844-790-1094 any time
- By mail: Attn: WWNO Membership, University of New Orleans, 2000 Lakeshore Drive New Orleans, LA 70148 (Please make checks payable to WWNO)
- Vehicle donations: Begin the online process here; or call 855-280-WWNO (855-280-9966)
- Other ways to give: More information about donating stock can be found here; more information about donating via IRA Qualified Charitable Distribution (QCD) can be found here. Or call/e-mail Development Manager Ron Biava at email@example.com
5. What is a "sustaining membership"?
A great way to financially support New Orleans Public Radio is with an ongoing monthly contribution—we call this a “sustaining membership.”
When you make your initial pledge you will choose the monthly amount you would like to give. The monthly donation will automatically be pulled from your credit card account until you contact the membership office to cancel. A sustaining membership never expires and you do not need to renew each year! This ensures sustainable support for the New Orleans Public Radio programs you depend on. For more information about becoming a sustainer, e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 844-790-1094 (we'd love to hear from you)!
6. How do I cancel/change my monthly amount/update my information as a sustainer?
To cancel your sustaining membership (or to update any information including contact details or monthly donation amount) call or e-mail the membership team: 844-790-1094, email@example.com; Hallie Sheck Membership Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org); Sara Henegan Development Assistant (email@example.com).
7. I have other questions; how do I reach a person?
Please reach out to the New Orleans Public Radio Development Team. We'd love to hear from you, and whatever your question is, we will get an answer!
Ronald Biava, Development Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org; 504-280-7001
Hallie Sheck, Membership Manager: email@example.com 504-280-7002
Sara Henegan, Development Assistant: firstname.lastname@example.org 504-280-7002
WWNO - University of New Orleans
2000 Lakeshore Drive
New Orleans, LA 70148